En Espanol

Thursday, April 30, 2015

FLO SPOTLIGHT: MOHAMED

Every day we have amazing participation in our Fit Life Occupational classes.  Each one of our participants has come to understand the value of these warm up classes and, not to mention, experienced the benefits of carrying the knowledge into their daily routine.  Every now and then, we will take the time to acknowledge one of our stand out participants through our FLO Spotlight.  This week, we introduce Mohamed.  Mohamed has been a regular participant in the classes available to him.  In addition, he also took advantage of the FLO Into Fitness program (completely FREE!) and worked with Jordan Mojica, personal trainer.  Since participating in the program, Mohamed is regularly seen around RIMAC working on his fitness and is always with a smile.  Our staff caught up with him to get a little background on Mohamed:


Position:  Custodian for apartments, dining hall …, Housing and Dining UCSD. Security guard, American Heritage Security 
 
Hobbies:  Mohamed is an artist; he writes, paints and draws. He likes to spent time with his family – he has four children ages 12, 8, 6, 4 and a fifth one on the way. He likes the internet, mainly for shopping and selling on eBay and Amazon, amongst others. 

 
What do you like about the stretch for work classes?  It is my lifestyle and my future. It makes me happy and healthy. Makes us warm up for work and helps set goals and be successful.

Do you have a message for your fellow co-workers about exercise?  I like to learn the exercise technique. Exercise makes me active and healthy. I have already lost 10 pounds. The main point is to build yourself up to a good physical condition and learn to exercise. Try it at least once, you will like it.

 
Is there anything that your co-workers don’t know about you? I teach my children to be active, I teach them exercises that I learn during warm up for work classes and my workouts. I volunteer in an assistance program for new refugees. The program assists with securing food, with adjustment to their new home, and many other aspects of their new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment